Docker Build Maintenance¶
Get your Quay account squared away¶
The container that performs builds of Debian packages is version controlled in a docker repository at quay.io/freedomofpress/sd-docker-builder. There are tight restrictions over who can make edits here. If you have permissions to do so, you’ll need to make sure your local docker client has credentials to push.
- First login into your quay.io account via the web-portal at https://quay.io/
- Drill into your Account settings via the upper right drop-down (where your username is)
- Click Generate Encrypted Password
- From a command-line prompt type docker login quay.io with your username and credentials obtained from the previous step.
- Proceed with update instructions
Performing container updates¶
If one of the dependencies requires security updates, the build may fail at test_ensure_no_updates_avail . If you have access rights to push to quay.io, here is the process to build and push a new container:
cd molecule/builder/ # Build a new container make build-container
Once the container is built, you can push the container to the registry.
You can now test the container by going back to the SecureDrop repository root:
cd ../.. make build-debs
Assuming no errors here, commit the changes in