Pre-Install Hardware Checklist¶
This is the minimum hardware that must be acquired to install SecureDrop:
- 2 computers with memory and hard drives to use as the SecureDrop servers.
- Mouse, keyboard, monitor (and necessary dongle or adapter) for installing the servers.
- Dedicated physical computers for the Admin, Journalist, and Secure Viewing Station that can boot to Tails. At minimum this is 2 computers.
- Dedicated airgapped hardware for the mouse, keyboard, and monitor (only if you are using a desktop for the Secure Viewing Station).
- Network firewall.
- At least 3 ethernet cables.
- Plenty of USB sticks: 1 drive for the master Tails stick, 1 drive for each Secure Viewing Station, 1 drive for each Transfer drive, and 1 drive for each admin and journalist.